Ready to learn more about investing in Portugal?
Click the button to be added to our email list and receive real opportunities in Portugal as they become available.
Over the past 3 years, the Big 3 team has been in Portugal working to uncover exciting new investment opportunities for you.
With our global team onsite in Lisbon, we can answer all of your questions and ensure the max return on your investment.
California of Europe
Visit Portugal and it is easy to see why many Americans call it the 'California of Europe'. From the miles of coastline, to the wineries, to the weather, there's even trolleys and a bridge that looks very similar to the Golden Gate.
- Beautiful, diverse natural scenery
- Cosmopolitan cities with cultural attractions and a high standard of restaurants, bars, nightlife and hotels
- Very high level international and local schools
- Excellent healthcare system
- One of the safest countries in the world
- International expat network
- Healthy work life balance
- Multitude of indoor and outdoor hobbies and pursuits to suit all individuals and families
Cost of Living
Live at a Fraction of US Budget
In general, the cost of living in the US is around 42% more expensive than in Portugal. You’ll find that real estate prices, groceries, and dining out are cheaper in Portugal than in the US. Also now that the exchange rate has swung, your dollars go even further! Here are some examples:
- Wine (bottle) - US $13, PT $4
- Bread (fresh loaf) - US $2.92, PT $1.12
- Dining Out (dinner for 2) - US $65, PT $35
- Dentist (cleaning) - US $125, PT $30
- Doctor (GP visit) - US $110, PT$0-$5
- Private School (annual) - US $10k, PT $6k
Obtain an EU Passport
The Golden Visa program allows foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and to apply for Portuguese citizenship after five years, among other benefits such as:
- Enter Portugal without a special visa
- Live and work in Portugal
- Bring your family with you
- Apply for permanent residency and/or Portuguese citizenship after five years
- Access the Portuguese healthcare and education system (on the same basis as Portuguese citizens)
- Travel freely in the entire Schengen Area