Now that your home is pending sale, you’re faced with a question that perhaps hadn’t come to mind yet: Now what? Now, it’s time to move, and moving can be an overwhelming burden. However, we have a few helpful tips to make your moving experience quick, easy, and painless.
- Size Matters. Packing stuff in the right size boxes can help facilitate your move immensely. Buy boxes if you need to, because the few dollars you spend on boxes could save you money that you might have to spend on broken items in flimsy, battered boxes.
- Keep your valuables close. It’s easy to lose track of things during a move. Things often get misplaced, broken, and even left behind. It’s a good idea to have your valuables travel with you during your move. If you don’t have enough room for all your valuables, see if a family member or close friend can help you with this.
- Hire help. Having experienced movers help you pack, move, and even unpack can take a lot of the pressure of moving off of you. These movers can help with your furniture, bed sets, and any other items you might need help with along the way.
- Pack a necessity bag. After living in your home for so long, everything might feel like a necessity. Pack a small bag with just the items you need for the next few days, such as a couple sets of clothing, toiletries, and glasses/contacts. This way, you are able to access the things that are essential for you to go about your everyday business and you can leave the other stuff to be unpacked at your leisure.
- De-clutter! This is a great time to go through everything in your house and see if it really needs to make the move with you. Now is your chance to get rid of anything that you feel doesn’t fit with your new life in your new home.
If you’re looking to sell your house and don’t want to deal with the usual waiting period of a traditional sale, contact Big 3 Homes today. We will give you a fair market value price and you won’t be responsible for any repairs, damages or even closing costs and commissions! And, if you mention this blog post, we will even pay for your movers*!
*in-state move, max value $1000